HOME TOUR VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Please sign up here.
Ainsworth PTA has several important volunteer needs! To sign up to volunteer or for more info, please email PTA Volunteer Coordinator Jill Kulas.
- Buckaroo Carnival 2018 Chairperson and Committee Members – A core team of 6 volunteers is needed to lead, plan, and coordinate this fun event in the fall.
- Ad Sales Team Member – Work with an experienced Ad Sales volunteer to identify and reach out to local businesses that might be interested having advertisements in our Garden and Home Tour brochures and the School Directory.
Volunteer help is needed for all the great activities that PTA sponsors…your support is much appreciated!
▪ Ainsworth Gear – Volunteers help gather orders for and distribute this great line of shirts, sweatshirts, and hats with the Ainsworth logo.
▪ Buckaroo Carnival (late September or early October) – A core group of volunteers is needed to lead, plan, and coordinate this festive evening. Throughout the evening of the event, over 100 parent volunteers share one-hour shifts helping to set-up, run games and activities, serve food, and clean up.
▪ Holiday Home Tour (December) Ainsworth’s “BIGGEST” fundraiser of the year, the Home Tour has been a tradition in our neighborhood of Portland Heights for over 20 years. Hundreds of Ainsworth volunteers organize and run this annual event, from organizing invitations and tickets to staffing the homes on the day of the event.
▪ PTA Clothing Center for PPS Students – The Portland Council PTA Clothing Center offers free clothing to students and families with limited income. The majority of the items come from unclaimed lost and found items in Portland Public schools. Volunteers are needed to sort and send items to the Clothes Closet and to assist students in picking out clothes.
▪ Art Fair (May) For this evening event showcasing the incredible artwork students have created throughout the school year, volunteers are needed to help display artwork in the gym and hallways, and to operate art activities during the Fair.
▪ Book Fair (May) Volunteers are needed to set up and staff the annual Scholastic Book Fair. Held the week of Grandparents and Special Friends Day.
▪ Field Day (spring) Enthusiastic volunteers are needed for a morning filled with games and laughter. Volunteers run relay and contest stations on the front field, backfield and gymnasium.
▪ Fifth Grade Promotion (June) A committee of fifth grade parents plans the year-end celebration to say goodbye to our graduating class. Volunteers are needed to assist in the planning and help on graduation day.
▪ Run for the Arts (April) Volunteers are needed on the day of this fun run/walk, for which students, teachers, and school staff gather sponsors and then run/walk laps around the back field. Run for the Arts, sponsored by Young Audiences, a Portland non-profit, raises money for artist visits and field trips to experience the arts in our community. Students win t-shirts and other small prizes for their participation.
▪ School Pictures (September) Volunteers are needed to attend to the appearance needs of the students and assist the photographer on picture day.
▪ Science Fair (March) Volunteers are needed for set up, clean up, and judging for the annual Science Fair. Designated for a Saturday morning, students demonstrate their experiments and present their scientific investigations. All students are welcome to enter the egg drop contest and attend interactive science activities.
▪ Talent Show (February) Held on two nights to accommodate the numerous acts, this event gives students the opportunity to impress their friends and families with great entertainment. Volunteers are needed for award certificate distribution, video purchase and distribution, set up, clean up and snack.
▪ Yearbook (February) Volunteers help solicit and organize pictures of school and classroom events for the annual yearbook, distributed at the end of the school year.
▪ Library Aides – Volunteers are needed to assist the librarian with shelving books and helping students in the library.
▪ School Directory (September) – Assemble the contact information for Ainsworth families as well as school info.
▪ Web – Volunteers with web design skills are needed to help maintain the Ainsworth PTA website.
▪ Teacher Conference Dinner (November) Parent volunteers provide dinner for the staff during the evening conferences. Volunteers are needed to cook, help set up, and clean up.
▪ Staff Appreciation Week (May) One week each spring, the PTA coordinates thanks for our teachers and staff to show our appreciation for their dedication and commitment to our students. Volunteers are needed to bring savory or sweet dishes for a luncheon planned mid-week.
▪ Staff Holiday Tea (December) Volunteers are needed to help set up, serve, and clean up for this holiday feast, held in the teachers’ honor, at a neighborhood home.
▪ Special Friends / Grandparents Day (May) – Volunteer greeters direct guests to student classrooms and supervise parking on the backfield.
STUDENT & FAMILY SUPPORT
▪ Vision/Hearing Screening (Fall) – Volunteers assist the school district nurse in picking up and returning students to class for testing.
▪ Lost & Found – Volunteers needed to straighten lost and found items and send all remaining items to the district Clothes Closet.
▪ Grounds Beautification Coordinator – Identify grounds maintenance needs and coordinate volunteer work parties. For the Greenspace, organize work parties to remove invasive plants and plant natives, host Earth Day activities, and support teaching staff in their use of the Greenspace as an outdoor learning space. Help take care of the planter boxes. PPS only sends out grounds maintenance crews 1-2 times a year to schools across the district. Seeking a coordinator!