SATURDAY, APRIL 13tH, 9:30 AM TO 12:30 PM
The Science Fair welcomes all Ainsworth students and families. Every interested student is encouraged to enter a project. But even if you don’t enter, you can still come and enjoy the project displays, do a hands-on activity, or take part in the Egg Drop Contest. Questions? Please contact Ainsworth PTA.
(If you are a project participant, please arrive 9:00am to 9:20am to set up your display board.)
9:30 am to 11:00 am
– Project viewing, presentations to “Science Buddies” – Gym
Science Fair exhibitors will be assigned a half hour window where they’ll wait for their turn to present their project to a Science Buddy.
– Hands-on Science Activity Stations – Cafeteria and Room 2 (across from school office)
11:00am to 12:00 OMSI Science Show – in Auditorium
12:15 pm to 12:45 pm
Egg Drop Contest in the back field (bring your egg wrapped up and ready to be dropped; no pre-registration needed)
What do you need to participate in Science Fair?
- Get a Science Fair booklet from the office. Make sure to pick up the correct booklet for your grade! There are separate booklets for grades K – 2nd and 3rd – 5th.
- When students turn in their project entry forms (on back page of the booklet) to the office, they will receive a tri-fold presentation board to use for their project.
- Choose a science project idea that interests you! The library has lots of books that can help you come up with a project idea, and your teacher may have great materials in your classroom. There are also many websites with information. Here’s a few of them:
Science Fair Booklets
These are PDFs you can preview; please pick up the printed booklets from the school office.
Grades K-2 Science Fair Booklet